The National Democratic Institute for International Affairs (NDI) is a non-profit organization working to strengthen democracy worldwide. NDI-Ukraine is currently seeking M&E/Sub Grants Officer, based in Kyiv, Ukraine. He/She will be responsible for supporting the design and day-to-day collection of Monitoring and Evaluation systems and data for NDI program activities and the financial monitoring of subgrants. All systems and reporting guidelines will be done in accordance with NDI procedures, program implementation framework and donor requirements.
JOB TITLE: M&E/Sub Grants Officer
SPECIFIC ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain the M&E system of programs implemented by the Ukraine office.
- Ensure that M&E system meets donor requirements in addition to NDI’s internal needs.
- Develop user-friendly protocols for data collection, management, presentation, analysis, reporting.
- Integrate data collection into regular program operations.
- Help teams to gather, collate and analyze monitoring data, as well as report on findings from monitoring activities.
- Undertake regular visits to the regions to support accountability processes.
- Provide targeted, one-on-one capacity building to staff and partners as needed.
- Support financial oversight of NDI sub grants.
- Ensure that grantee activities are consistent with the direction set by NDI in the approved sub grant application.
- Provide technical assistance to sub grantees including conduct of orientation & training sessions.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences/Economics or another relevant field, or equivalent experience.
- Two (2) or more years’ experience of M&E and Subgrants management.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Highly motivated and flexible.
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English.
- Excellent computer skills, particularly with Microsoft Excel.
- Willing and able to travel regularly, where and when required to support M&E and subgrants activities.
NDI offers a competitive package of remuneration and benefits. Actual salaries will be negotiated with successful applicants based on qualifications and experience.
NDI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
How to apply:
This is a challenging opportunity for a dedicated and highly motivated professional. If you would like to join NDI team, please submit your application to email@example.com, quoting “M&E/ Sub Grants Officer” in the email subject matter, by July 10, 2019.
Each application should include the following:
- An updated CV;
- An application letter.