The National Democratic Institute for International Affairs (NDI) is a non-profit organization working to strengthen democracy worldwide. NDI programs are supported by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), UK, Sweden, Canada, the National Endowment for Democracy (NED) and other donors.
NDI-Ukraine is currently seeking to fill position at Program Officer level for its Women’s Political Participation Program. This is a full time position reporting to the Program Director. The position is based in Kyiv and requires some local travel.
Job Title: Women’s Political Participation Program Officer, NDI Ukraine
Task and Responsibilities:
- Manage and implement all program activities and provide daily oversight of all aspects of program operation.
- Contribute to the development of the program’s strategic documents – subgrant proposals, work plans, M&E plans, and regular weekly and quarterly reports.
- Develop and maintain relationships and communication with program partners including government institutions, civil society organizations and political parties.
- Ensure timely monitoring and evaluation of all program activities and data collection for the M&E purposes.
- Manage all program related communication with program contractors and vendors.
- Maintain regular and efficient internal communication on the program within Kyiv- and DC-based program teams.
- Develop and track monthly program and activity budgets. Ensure compliance of program expenses with financial procedures and regulations.
- Provide oversight, training, and guidance to junior program staff.
- Degree in Political Science, Sociology, Public Administration or a related field. Focus on gender studies strongly preferred; Master’s degree preferred.
- Demonstrated interest in Ukraine’s reform, political processes, advancement of gender equality, women’s political participation, and citizen engagement;
- At least three years of work experience in a related field;
- Strong analytical and managerial skills;
- Fluency in Ukrainian and English;
- Ability to work in an organized manner, meet deadlines and work in a team;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Interested applicants should submit CVs and motivation letters in English to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please, include in your application the contacts of at least three referees. In the subject line of the email, please, indicate the name of the position you are applying for: Women’s Political Participation Program Officer.
NDI offers a competitive package of remuneration and benefits.
The deadline for the submission of the required documents is by 23:59 EET on Sunday, September 15, 2019.
Only selected candidates will be invited to take a written test on September 20.
Successful finalists will be invited for an interview on October 1.