The National Democratic Institute for International Affairs (NDI) is a non-profit organization working to strengthen democracy worldwide. NDI programs are supported by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), UK, Sweden, Canada, the National Endowment for Democracy (NED) and other donors.
NDI-Ukraine is currently seeking to fill position at Program Assistant level for its Women’s Political Participation Program. This is a full time position reporting to the Program Officer. The position is based in Kyiv and requires some local travel.
Job Title: Women’s Political Participation Program Assistant, NDI Ukraine
Task and Responsibilities:
- Provide general assistance to all program operations.
- Contribute to the development of program materials.
- Perform administrative and logistical duties as needed to support program activities including data entry and database management, organization of program events and meetings,liaise with program partners and maintain records of program events.
- Provide oral translation at trainings, conferences, meetings and written translation of program materials as needed.
- Maintain regular communication with program partners, participants and vendors.
- Reconcile expenditures in accordance with NDI’s financial policies.
- Carry out other tasks as assigned by the supervisor
- Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science, Sociology, Public Administration, International Relations, Linguistics or similar fields, focus on gender would be a plus;
- Demonstrated interest in Ukraine’s reform, political processes, advancement of gender equality, and women’s political participation;
- Work experience in a related field preferred;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Fluency in Ukrainian and English;
- Ability to work in an organized manner, meet deadlines and work in a team;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office Programs, Excel, Internet);
Interested applicants should submit CVs and motivation letters in English to the following email address: [email protected]. Please, include in your application the contacts of at least three referees. In the subject line of the email, please, indicate the position you are applying for: Women’s Political Participation Program Assistant.
NDI offers a competitive package of remuneration and benefits.
The deadline for the submission of the required documents is by 23:59 EET on Sunday, September 15, 2019.
Only selected candidates will be invited to take a written test on September 20.
Successful finalists will be invited for an interview on October 2.