The National Democratic Institute for International Affairs (NDI) is a non-profit organization working to strengthen democracy worldwide. NDI programs are supported by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), Sweden, Canada, United Kingdom, the National Endowment for Democracy (NED) and other donors.
NDI-Ukraine is currently seeking a full time Program Assistant for its Information Environment Program based in Kyiv, Ukraine. Program assistant will be reporting to the Program Officer.
Job Title: Information Environment Program Assistant, NDI Ukraine
Task and Responsibilities:
- Provide general assistance to all program operations.
- Monitor and analyze legislative and policy developments relevant to the information environment in Ukraine.
- Maintain up to date information on partner activities related to information environment.
- Conduct monitoring and analysis of external information attacks.
- Maintain communication with program partners, government institutions and subgrantees.
- Follow and understand the political situation in the country.
- Perform administrative duties as needed to support program activities, including data entry, arranging appointments, travel, preparing correspondence, and records maintenance.
- Provide oral translation at seminars, conferences, meetings and written translation of program materials as needed.
- Prepare meeting/activities notes, background information on political actors when needed.
- Assist with and provide back-up for the day-to-day operations of the program.
- Carry out other tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in sociology, political sciences, international relations or a related field required; graduate degree preferred.
- Work experience in a related field preferred;
- Ability to demonstrate a keen interest in information environment, hybrid warfare and media landscape;
- Strong interpersonal, communication and networking skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as a constructive member of a team.
- Critical and analytical thinking skills.
- Fluency in English and Ukrainian required.
- Working knowledge of Google Apps (Gmail, Calendar, Google Drive, G+, etc.).
Interested applicants should submit CVs and motivation letters in English by email to the following email address: email@example.com. Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line of the e-mail.
NDI offers a competitive package of remuneration and benefits. Actual salaries will be negotiated with successful applicants based on qualifications and experience.
The deadline for the submission of the required documents is by close of business on February 3, 2020.
Only selected candidates will be invited for a written tests on February 13.
Successful finalists will be invited for an oral interview.