The National Democratic Institute for International Affairs (NDI) is a non-profit organization working to strengthen democracy worldwide. NDI programs are supported by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), UK, Sweden, Canada, the National Endowment for Democracy (NED) and other donors.
NDI-Ukraine is currently seeking to fill position at Program Assistant level for its Women’s Political Participation Program. This is the full time position reporting to the Program Officer and Program Director. The position is based in Kyiv and require some local travel.
Job Titles: Women’s Political Participation Program Assistant, NDI Ukraine
Task and Responsibilities:
– Provide general assistance to all program operations and serve as primary support to the Program Officer and Program Director.
– Assist in drafting program materials.
– Serve as NDI representative with a broad range of stakeholders.
– Perform administrative duties as needed to support the program activities including data entry, arranging meetings, travel, preparing correspondence, and records maintenance.
– Provide oral translation at trainings, conferences, meetings and written translation of program materials as needed.
– Provide logistical arrangements for organizing program events and maintain logistical support to program staff during travel.
– Follow and understand the political situation in the country.
– Prepare meeting/activities notes, relevant background information when needed.
– Reconcile expenditures in accordance with NDI’s financial policies.
– Carry out other tasks.
– Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science, Sociology, Public Administration or Linguistics, focus on gender would be a plus;
– Ability to demonstrate keen interest in advancement of gender equality and women’s political participation, Ukraine’s reform and political processes;
– Work experience in a related field is preferred, together with a thorough understanding of the political and civic landscape in Ukraine;
– Strong analytical skills;
– Fluency in Ukrainian and English;
– Ability to work in organized manner, meet deadlines and work in a team;
– Excellent written and oral communication skills;
– Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office Programs, Excel, Internet);
Interested applicants should submit CVs and motivation letters in English to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate the position Women’s Political Participation Program Assistant in the subject line of the e-mail.
NDI offers a competitive package of remuneration and benefits. Actual salaries will be negotiated with successful applicants based on qualifications and experience.
The deadline for the submission of the required documents is by close of business on October 4, 2017.
Only selected candidates will be invited to take a written test on October 9.
Successful finalists will be invited for an oral test and an interview on October 12.