NDI-Ukraine is currently seeking a Program Officer/Senior Program Officer for NDIs Political Parties Program. The position is based in Kyiv and require some local travel.
The National Democratic Institute for International Affairs (NDI) is a non-profit organization working to strengthen democracy worldwide. NDIprograms in Ukraine are supported by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), Sweden, Canada, the National Endowment for Democracy (NED) and the United Kingdom Good Governance Fund.
NDI-Ukraine is currently seeking to fill position as Program Officer/Senior program Officer for the Political Party Program.
Job Title: Program Officer/Senior Program Officer, NDI Ukraine
Task and Responsibilities:
- Serve as key staff in development and design of political party program activities in cooperation with the Director for Political Party Program and external political party experts
- Act as the as primary support to the Director for the Political Party Program.
- Plan and implementation of program activities in consultations with political party partners.
- Follow and provide analysis on the political situation in the country.
- Monitoring and evaluation of program activities.
- Prepare meeting/activities notes, background information on political actors when needed.
- Assist with and provide back-up for the day-to-day operations of the program, responding to routine program inquiries, ensuring prompt and accurate forwarding of messages.
- Reconcile expenditures in accordance with NDI’s financial policies when needed.
- Supervise and oversee other program staff on administrative support to program activities, including data entry, arranging appointments, travel, preparing correspondence, and records maintenance.
- Undertake other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in Political Science, Sociology, or Public Administration with a focus on public communication, organizational development, public policy;
- Ability to demonstrate a keen interest in government reforms and political processes;
- Work experience in a related field and understanding of the political and civic landscape in Ukraine is preferred;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Fluency in Ukrainian and English;
- Ability to work in organized manner, meet deadlines and work in a team;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required;
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office Programs, Google suite);
Interested applicants should submit CVs and motivation letters in Englishby email to the following email address: email@example.com. Please indicate the position (Program Officer/Senior Program Officer) you are applying for in the subject line of the e-mail.
The deadline for the submission of the required documents is by close of business on August 19, 2019. Only selected candidates will be invited for a written test on August, 26, 2019. Successful finalists will be invited for an interview.