NDI-Ukraine is currently seeking to fill the part-time position of a Women Lead Program Intern and a Public Consultation Program Intern, NDI Ukraine. The position is based in Kyiv with possibility of distance work for the period of quarantine.
Job Title: Women Lead/Public Consultation Program Intern, NDI Ukraine
Task and Responsibilities:
- Provide written translation of program materials and oral translation during meetings and events as needed;
- Conduct desk research and draft analytical notes as needed;
- Monitor political and other developments in the country;
- Provide logistical support for meetings, trainings, workshops and other events as required;
- Assist with and provide back-up for the day-to-day operations of the program, responding to routine program inquiries, ensuring prompt and accurate forwarding of messages;
- Assist in reconciliation of expenditures in accordance with NDI’s financial policies;
- Observe program supported activities;
- Assist in preparation and drafting of activity reports and briefing notes;
- Create and maintain program activity databases;
- Carry out other assigned tasks related to Program activities.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Pursuing an undergraduate or graduate program, or a recent university graduate; relevant degree programs might include, but are not limited to: Human Rights, Political Science, International Relations, Public Administration, Social Sciences, Law or Linguistics with a focus on gender studies;
- Fluency in Ukrainian and English;
- Strong translation skills from Ukrainian to English and vise versa;
- Keen interest in Ukraine’s reforms and political processes, understanding of the political and civic landscape in Ukraine;
- Strong interpersonal, communication and networking skills;
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask;
- Ability to work in an organized manner and meet deadlines;
- Attention to details;
- Strong writing skills with an ability to present clear and concise analysis;
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office Programs, Excel, Google tools);
- Demonstrated interest in human rights and equality issues;
- Experience in data visualisation would be an asset.
Interested applicants should submit CVs and motivation letters in English by email to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate the position (Program Intern, NDI Ukraine) in the subject line of the email.
This is a paid internship. Details will be discussed with the successful candidates.
Duration of the internship: 3 months with a possibility of extension
NDI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
The deadline for the submission of the required documents is by close of business on August 13, 2020. Only selected candidates will be invited for a written test on August 20 and a subsequent online interview on August 27-28.
The National Democratic Institute for International Affairs (NDI) is a non-profit organization working to strengthen democracy worldwide. NDI programs in Ukraine are supported by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), Sweden, Canada, the National Endowment for Democracy (NED) and the United Kingdom Good Governance Fund.