The National Democratic Institute for International Affairs (NDI) is a non-profit organization working to strengthen democracy worldwide. NDI programs are supported by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), UK, Sweden, Canada, the National Endowment for Democracy (NED) and other donors.
NDI-Ukraine is currently seeking to fill positions at Program Assistant level for its Citizen Engagement, Women’s Political Participation, Research and Parliamentary Programs. These are full time positions based in Kyiv and requires some local travel.
Job Titles: Citizen Engagement Program Assistant, Women’s Political Participation Program Assistant, Research Program Assistant, Parliamentary Program Assistant, NDI Ukraine
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Assist with implementing NDI’s key programs in parliamentary consensus building, citizen engagement, strengthening women’s political participation, and innovative public opinion research.
- Contribute to the development of program materials for regional and national trainings and events.
- Take the lead on administrative and logistical duties as needed to support program activities, including but not limited to: data entry and database management, organization of program events and meetings, liaising with program partners and record maintenance of program events.
- Provide oral translation at trainings, conferences, meetings and written translation of program materials as needed.
- Cultivate and maintain regular communication with program partners, participants and vendors.
- Reconcile expenditures in accordance with NDI’s financial policies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science, Sociology, International Relations, Linguistics or similar fields;
- Demonstrated interest in political processes, quantitative and qualitative research, gender equality and citizen engagement;
- Work experience in related fields is preferred;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Fluency in Ukrainian and English;
- Ability to work in an organized manner, meet deadlines and work in a team;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office Programs, Excel, Internet);
- For Research Program Assistants applicants only: Knowledge of database software (e.g. STATA, R, SPSS) is required, familiarity with STATA preferred.
NDI offers a competitive package of remuneration and benefits.
Interested applicants should submit CVs and motivation letters in English to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please, include in your application the contacts of at least three referees. In a subject line of an email, please, indicate the position you are applying for: Citizen Engagement Program Assistant, Women’s Political Participation Program Assistant, Research Program Assistant or Parliamentary Program Assistant.
The deadline for the submission of the required documents is by 23:59 EET on October 31, 2019.
Only selected candidates will be invited to take a written test. Successful finalists will be invited for an interview.