The National Democratic Institute (NDI) is a non-profit organization working to strengthen
democracy worldwide. NDI-Ukraine is currently seeking a full-time national staff member for its
NDI Youth Program is a multi-year program that is focused on promoting youth political
participation and strengthening cooperation between civil society and political parties to ensure
greater civic and political youth leadership in Ukraine
Job Title (s): Senior/Program Officer, NDI Ukraine
● Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Political Science, Sociology, Development or related
● At least 3 years of experience in the civil society development, political processes and/or
● Excellent understanding of political and civic landscape in Ukraine
● Strong interpersonal, communication and networking skills, and a demonstrated ability to
build and maintain professional relationships with a wide range of audiences.
● Strong writing skills with the ability to present clear and concise analysis.
● Fluency in Ukrainian and English
● Excellent written and oral communication skills required
● Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office Programs, Google suite)
● Willing to work remotely during the COVID-19 pandemic
Tasks and Responsibilities:
● Contribute to management and implementation of NDI’s youth program in Ukraine;
● Take a leading role in program design and development of strategic and operational
● Provide assistance and support to program partners;
● Manage and support NDI subgrants to local CSOs;
● Manage the process of program narrative and financial reporting including coordination
of program partners’ reports;
● Facilitate and conduct training sessions, meetings, workshops, events to develop
capacities of program partners and promote youth political participation
● Support design and implementation of program partners` events and activities
● Coordinate with implementing partners and stakeholders for effective program
implementation and ensure strong networking;
● Maintain good working relationships with key stakeholders and program partners;
● Supervise and oversee daily activities of junior program staff
● Undertake other duties as assigned by the supervisor
Interested applicants should submit CVs and motivation letters as one file in a pdf format in
English by email to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org Please indicate the position
Senior/Program Officer, Youth program in the subject line of the e-mail.
Deadline: The deadline for the submission of the required documents is October 12, 2020. Only
selected candidates will be invited for the written test.
NDI welcomes and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. As such, our commitment is
to promote equal employment opportunities for all applicants seeking employment and
employees. NDI makes employment decisions based on organizational needs, job requirements
and individual qualifications without regard to any grounds such as age, disability, marital
status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression etc.