The National Democratic Institute for International Affairs (NDI) is a non-profit organization working to strengthen democracy worldwide. NDI programs are supported by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), Sweden, Canada, United Kingdom, the National Endowment for Democracy (NED) and other donors.
NDI-Ukraine is currently seeking Program Officer for its Women’s Political Participation Program. The position will be based in Kyiv and require local travel. This is the full time position reporting to the Women Lead Program Director.
Note: the position is contingent upon the availability of funding for this program in Ukraine.
Job Title: Women’s Political Participation Program Officer, NDI Ukraine
Task and Responsibilities:
- Manage and implement all program activities and provide daily oversight of all aspects of program operation.
- Develop program strategic documents – program concepts, project proposals, work plans, M&E plans, and reports.
- Develop and maintain relationships and communication with program partners among NGOs, political parties and government institutions.
- Ensure timely monitoring and evaluation of the program activities and collect data for the M&E purposes.
- Carry out overall administration of interaction with the program contractors and vendors.
- Maintain regular and efficient internal communication on the program developments within Kyiv- and DC-based program teams.
- Develop and track monthly program and activity budgets. Ensure compliance of program expenses within the budget, procurement regulations and financial procedures.
- Provide oversight, training, and guidance to program staff.
- Follow and understand the political situation in the country.
- Master’s Degree in Political Science, Sociology, Public Administration or others with a strong focus on gender studies;
- Ability to demonstrate a keen interest in Ukraine’s reform, political processes, advancement of gender equality, women’s political participation, and citizen engagement;
- 2 to 4 years of work experience in a related field and/or media together with a thorough understanding of the political and civic landscape in Ukraine;
- Strong analytical and managerial skills;
- Fluency in Ukrainian and English;
- Ability to work in organized manner, meet deadlines and work in a team;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Interested applicants should submit CVs and motivation letters in English by email to the following email address: [email protected]. Please include into your application the contacts of at least three referees and indicate the position (Women’s Political Participation Program Officer) you are applying for in the subject line of the e-mail.
NDI offers a competitive package of remuneration and benefits. Actual salary will be negotiated with successful applicants based on qualifications and experience.
The deadline for the submission of the required documents has been extended to November 27, 2017 (by COB).
Only selected candidates will be invited for a written test on November 30 and an interview on December 6, 2017.